Thursday, February 13, 2014

Still working....

Or rather, Rick is right now.


Most of you know I'm fighting a nasty case of Lyme disease.  It's vicious, and to trick the little ......monsters (ha, not the first word that came to my mind) my antibiotics are changed on a regular basis.  I started a new one the day of sign ups, and today I have to start a new one because frankly, I had no idea meds could make me THAT sick.  But they can, and they do, and they did.


Stupid....monsters.


Anyway.  Rick is following my input on how I need the spreadsheets organized.  First, we had to keep a clean copy of the original spreadsheet with time hacks, as that is how you'll be listed.  Second, I needed an alphabetical list so I can post it and you can find yourself easily.  Next, I need a spreadsheet with just international people.  Then one with those who only want a seed bead partner.


Don't be afraid of seed beads, though...did you see what Zack designed with this soup for my book?


Then I have to see who had whom for partners before so I hopefully don't repeat.


Then I match people with different styles.


Then I fix all the missing zip codes, partial addresses, things like that.


Next I enter all the emails into Mail Chimp so I can send you information.  You will get more than a few emails from me, so if you're not, CHECK YOUR SPAM...also make sure your partner's email doesn't hit spam.


I know you're excited but hang in there!  The list of participants should (SHOULD) be posted this weekend.  Matching partners is another week, and then off you go!


Please either follow this blog and/or www.PrettyThingsBlog.com so you don't miss a thing.


And hey, but just askin'...have you read the book?  Feel free to leave your review of it at Amazon.com and BN.com.  Thankyouverymuch.

Photo by Brandi Hussey


Thanks, and see you soon!



20 comments:

  1. I'm so excited. I can't wait to see who all signed up. And YES I read the book and LOVE it. Thanks for all your (and Rick's) hard work. Hope the new med doesn't make you as sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knocking this stuff out while fighting Lyme.. props!!! Especially because Spreadsheets Are Evil. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lori!!! I knew there was a lot of work..I knew that...BUT HOLY COW!!! THAT IS A LOTNOF WORK!!! I am really glad you are willing and AMAZINGLY CAPABLE of doing this. Love Hugs and Prayers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a copy of your book...autographed!!! And it is a treasured book! Please take care of yourself, you MUST come first. We can NOT do this without you....so you first....then us!! ~KM

    ReplyDelete
  5. i understand its not only the meds , which of course can make you sick, but when they kill the beasties, those beasties give out toxins that make you feel worse and paradoxically, if you get reallly sick it means the medicine is working.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stay strong Lori... and take your time. Everything is going to be ok and turn out great. Including YOU! And I LOVE that toggle in combination with the green beads and frogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Lori for all that you do and teach others to do. Keep fighting those ....monsters!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!!!! We knew it was a job putting on this blog hop but .... Wow!!!! THANK Yall for your hard work. We will be ever so patient while we chomp at our bits picking out soups to send :-)
    I have a friend with Lyme disease. It is a challenge. You are a fighter! Hang in there! It does get better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, apparently Rick is working really hard :-) I hope that all your efforts at defeating the monsters are successful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for keeping us posted Lori. I sure hope
    These new meds are better, and you get better
    Soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your updates, hope you are feeling much better soon. A big thanks to you and your husband for taking all of this on again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Lori for the update. Praying that this round of medications work out better than the last round. I have my issue that I bought from you last year. I should round it up to keep me inspired while I wait for the results. As Robin Reed says Love Hugs & Prayers around.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Zack is quite the designer very nice choice of beads! I love seed beads and actually use them in my more elaborate polymer necklaces as there is such a huge range of colours but I don't seed bead as such.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lori and Rick you all are amazing! Take good care of yourself Lori and get well! Super excited about this current bead soup! xo Genea

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rest Well and Feel Better Soon . Thanks for all you do !

    ReplyDelete
  16. VERY NICE of Rick to be such a big help! Thanks to you and him for all your work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your book and have reviewed it and it is a THRILLING jewelry design book, just as you are a THRILLING jewelry designer! xoxox jean

    ReplyDelete
  18. Herxes are horrible. No. Fun. At. All. But as a$$ backwards as this sounds, a herx is a good thing so at least you can keep that in mind! I know, easier said than done o.O

    Either way your hubby is such a sweetheart for helping you with all this work! And it's definitely a lot of work-I do not doubt that a great deal of time, sweat, and effort goes into these parties and I'm so grateful to you for everything you put into them :)

    Lots of love, healing light, and death rays to the little....monsters!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just emailed you- my email address has a snafu I used in my sign up (cable techs didn't transfer they created a new account) and it rendered our emails useless exactly 2 weeks after the fact. They are reinstating but it will be a few days. I emailed you my yahoo.com address through the address you had listed on your website. I hope it's ok- best case scenario- it won't matter because it will be back up and running before you send things out. but just in case. oy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!