Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Last minute help!

Please take the time to read this post!

First, a gentle reminder about hurting feelings....




As I hop the party, I will be re-linking each person
 so your actual party post is listed in perpetuity on my blog.


Don't forget to list your partner's blog when you do your post,
 and show what you received, and then what you made with it.


If you've participated before, why not link all your reveal pages, too?




1.  Visit your partner first.  Please.  Pretty please.


2.  Please don't everyone start at the top of the list!  Skip around, start in the middle, start with whoever commented on your blog first -- but move around a bit so the people at the end of the list aren't left stranded all day.


** A way to keep track?  
Copy and paste the link list into a Word document, 
and delete people as you visit.**


3.  It would be lovely if you could visit everyone, but no one can do it all.  Seriously.  I'm the hostess and I have NEVER had every person comment on my blog!  Do your best, but remember, this is supposed to be fun.  It's also why I'll have permanent links to everyone's reveal page listed.


4.  Don't forget to post your creations to the Pinterest board!



I'm still working on the participant link list, but the permalink for MY post (if you don't want to copy and paste that huuuuuuge list on your own page) should be:





PLEASE be aware that this will NOT work until the party starts, and I will be up right after midnight on Friday/barely Saturday to make sure it's working -- so if it DOESN'T work for you, COME BACK HERE and relink.  Sometimes Blogger hates me.




To set up Blogger to automatically post for you:


To set up WordPress to automatically post for you:



BE AWARE -- sometimes Blogger hates not just me but everyone and won't post.  
Make sure the clock settings are correct in your Settings/Language and Formatting.


I post on my time, Eastern Standard Time, one minute past midnight on Friday. use:


And believe it or not, people start hopping early!


See you this Saturday!





Lori Anderson creates jewelry and bead kits as well as collaborative mixed media art with her son, Zack. Visit her shops by clicking on the right side bar of this blog (please and thank you!). She is also the creator of the Bead Soup Blog Party® and author of the book "Bead Soup" via Kalmbach Publishing.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the tips. Getting excited! I'm pretty sure I'll be snooping by midnight ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lori, thank you again for setting it all up for us. This is really fun and I do appreciate your work. I have set up my Blog to post automatically, as I will not be at home until 17th. Folks - I will visit your blogs afterwards. I promisse! :) Getting excited :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, thank you, and I will forward this to my super special friend and partner, Jen Purple! xox jean very excited here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I sit here wearing one of my BSBP creations, I am getting excited for Friday night, Lori! Thanks for the pointers (and I applaud #2... that's my normal M.O. for most hops I take part in). Hope you are having a better week, sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll make sure to schedule my post and hopefuly still be awake at midnight but most of my hopping won't start til Monday...show Saturday and Mother's Day is a horrible day for me in general!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all the tips. I just finished my last school assignment so I am good to go for the Blog Party. What a wonderful way to end the semester. With a world wide party. (yeah I know its not all about me but a girl can dream) ;) Hope everyone is having a wonderful week. See you all on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm excited for Saturday. It's also my birthday and my "gift" to myself is an all-day scrapbooking event. I'll be getting up early to check out my partner's blog - can't wait to see what she made.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Lori! Great idea to include links to previous bead soup creations.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!